Wednesday, 8 July 2015

What happens when you realise it’s time for your Blog to kick the bucket?

I’ve been writing this (kind of) travel diary for two years now. Initially, I set it up with the intention of broadening my horizons through travel (with a new job as cabin crew, wink wink), embracing life in my new city (London) and practicing hobbies (i.e. taking photos, making stuff and singing). I thought that concentrating on entries would inspire my creative side and seeing these entries through to completion gave me great self-gratification.

Initially I tried different styles of entries and enjoyed posting about DIY projects and publishing photos I’d taken. This is when I was most excited about writing in my little online space. As my job brought many more travel opportunities, I had more destinations to write about and held enthusiasm to do so for a while. The blog didn’t really have a purpose; I’d just post about things I wanted to.

After a while I thought of more projects and entries but stopped seeing them through. I skipped recording the details of my DIY projects and writing, in what began as my little online breathing space, became a chore. I was aware that my family followed my entries to keep up to date with my life and posts became exclusively diary entires. As much as I love my job, writing about my travels has lost it’s novelty.

So what do you do when it’s time for your blog to kick the bucket?
I’m going to be 25 next month and I think it’s time to start this quarter century with a different focus. I’m waving “Au Revoir” to the diary I can’t be bothered writing any more. It’s time to start something new.
I’d like to give a huge nod to all my family and friends for following me through the past few years in my new job and life in London. I’m totally flattered that you’ve actually read my blabber. I’m proud of myself for starting and sticking with something, and finishing up with over 19,000 page views has made it worth sticking.


I’m thinking of starting a new project next month. I’m looking for a new online space. If you want to get familiar please hop along with me!


1 comment:

  1. You will usually have a book list which will list the major sources of information for your subject. Use the bibliographies in these books to extend your reading. You can refer to your lecture notes, but don't rely solely on these, as they are often a general overview or could contain incorrect information if you have misunderstood something. The most productive sources of information are often subject specific journals, the "broadsheet" newspapers (e.g. The Guardian, The Independent, The Observer) and ever increasing on-line resources, such as the Internet. These publications often have specific days in the week when they focus on issues such as business, society, law and so on. They will not only give you solid up to date information on your subject, but they will give you an indication of the style of writing which is required at this level. More help with essays here essayservice.info.

    ReplyDelete