Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Dinner Time 101 - Smoked Mackerel Pâté

In my recent 10-day stint off work (due to my heavy flying hours) I've taken to the kitchen to work on my culinary skills. Yeah, I'm no Delia or Nigella but I've started taking such comfort in knowing I have made something that I love to eat by myself, from scratch, no out-of-the-packet effort. Even better, I've been practicing some Scottish dishes because I've had a few people over for dinner recently.

Not only a great dinner-time starter but one of my favourite morning toast toppers is Smoked Mackerel Pâté. I found a few different recipes and got to work. 

Ingredients:
1 whole fillet of peppered Smoked Mackerel
2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
100g unsalted Butter
1/2 small lemon (juice only)
1 tbsp chopped Spring Onions
Salt & Pepper to taste

The instructions are simple; blend everything in a blender and serve with toasted Ciabatta slices. 
I don't have a blender so I chose to use a fork to flake the Smoked Mackerel then blend in the butter. I added lemon juice, stirred it in, and finally mixed in the Dijon mustard and creme fraiche. Pop in the fridge to chill and Voilà!



No comments:

Post a Comment