Sunday, 25 January 2015

Vienna Day 3: The Natural History Museum

On our final day in Vienna Jamie and I took an early morning stroll through the Stradtpark and down the river. We came across a spot with really eerie graffiti pointing into the sewer entrance. I've had a few dreams about what's down there since. 

On our return we met Mary and David for a walk to find breakfast at the famous food market, the Naschmarkt. I enjoyed a Mediterranean breakfast with eggs, onions, tomatoes, bread and hummus. It was the perfect light start to the day. Jamie and I wandered off again towards the Museum district to explore the Natural History Museum.
Mediterranean Breakfast
The Natural History Museum

Horsing around

I wanted to see a Dodo and I found one, albeit a reproduction. Deid as a Dodo.
Museum Cafe
It was time to head back to the hotel and catch a taxi back to the airport with Mary and David. I left Vienna feeling accomplished. I've learned how to travel around the city and finally have an understanding of where things are. Every time I've previously visited with work I've never had the time nor opportunity to do so. I now know how to make the most of my potential future visits and I'm really looking forward to them! 

Is there anywhere you would recommend to visit in Vienna? Drop me a message and let a girl know!

No comments:

Post a Comment