Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Portobello Market Fail

My pal Katie had work commitments scheduled in London and decided it would be great to drop by early to hang out with yours truly. Her dates couldn't have fit my days off any better. I arrived back from Miami at 8.30am on Sunday and Katie arrived at my tube stop at around 10am. We got ourselves washed, dressed and ready for a day out. I thought it would be good to go to Portobello Market as I haven't been in such a long time. It wasn't until we arrived that I remembered the market was on Saturdays, not Sundays.
To hell with it. We went for a spot of lunch and waited for Jamie to join us.

Katie and I went to a place called 'The Sun in Splendour' for a munch
"Look how tanned my feet are!"
Jamie's feelings towards us ordering without him.
Katie's chicken caesar salad
... and chips!
I had a tomato hummus with different dippers and a mini mac'n'cheese

After lunch we took a stroll down Portobello Road and had a look around the shops. Some of the antique shops had vintage high-end jewellery which we found interesting. Some of the shops were a little more random and sold crystal formations for anything up to £2000 - crazy money for a rock in my opinion.


Looks like I'm having issues adjusting myself after that.

"I want THAT ONE!"
"Did you know this means turtle in sign language?!"

After stopping for a snack for Jamie and a refreshment for Katie we head to Granary Square at Central St Martins, meeting Duncan and his friend Cat to watch the Wimbledon final on the screen in the square. Afterwards we relaxed watching the fountains in the square until the rain started. It was time to seek shelter in the first pub we could get seats.
Run for coverrrrrrrrrr!
Jamie and Funky Dunky in Kings Cross Station.



No comments:

Post a Comment