Thursday, 18 July 2013

Campbell Chaos in London

This story in one picture.
Now, everyone who knows my family and I, know that we are extremely close and share everything with each other. I love them all deeply and I love the madness that commences when we're all together. We're all pretty mischevious!

The Campbells decided to visit me in London for 3 days and the visit kicked off with dinner at mine with the help of esteemed friend and dinner minion, Sanja. Sanja located my sister's wish-list birthday cake - a huge jaffacake - that I had been pulling my hair out over for days. Brownie points for Sanja. Shortly after this picture was taken my little brother Josh shattered my cat flap with a football. Breezy.


The Campbells plus Ginger Mowgli
The following day we celebrated Jennifer's 13th birthday by visiting the London Eye followed by a scrumptious picnic on Southbank, some sightseeing and ending with a visit to the Rainforest Cafe (my favourite place in the entire restaurant world).


Jenny, Chris and Dad


The devil undercover as the cutest brother on earth, Joshua. 
OVERZEALOUS FOR SIGHTSEEING!
Questionable fact of the day: The artist commissioned to designed the lamp posts of London was an ex-lover of Coco Chanel, hence the evident tribute.
Jennifer wanted to sit about looking pretty at Buckingham Palace
... so she got her comeuppance for resigning from the Campbell fun




Josh wasn't enjoying anything about the sightseeing.

The following day we visited Madame Tussauds, which I wouldn't recommend anyone who values personal space and manners. The lady who ran over my foot with her pram in M&S and looked at me like it was my fault, I honestly believe, is a higher breed of human than tourists who visit Tussauds. See below explanation...

Normal human reaction at wax works: "Wow that's amazing, it actually looks close to JLO! Lets express our amazement at the wax work of this piece"
Madame Tussaudes tourist reaction at wax works: *screams* "HOLY F**K, MUM! It's Beyonce! GET TAKE A PICTURE OF US" *elbows way to front* *pushes child having picture taken out the way* "MUM! Get over here!" *elbowed off stage by human of same breed*

Someone has got to tell these people that their Facebook friends will not believe they actually met Beyonce when they set their "Tussauds trophy" as their profile picture.

After Madame Tussauds we went for a pizza and shortly afterwards I committed financial suicide in Topshop, Oxford Circus with Chris. We reconvened with my parents for bread baskets and wine at Caffe Concerto in Knightsbridge when Jamie finished work. Joshua nearly fell underneath a taxi, topping the bad behaviour list he had been working on all week, so we finished up and said our goodbyes.

I love my family but I was glad of the quiet on the tube home.

n.b.  On hearing that Josh (two days later) smashed the family house sitting-room window with a football, I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment